Wednesday, December 12, 2012

O Christmas Tree

December 1st showed up with a dusting of snow this year, so we decided to hurry to the Christmas tree farm to cut down our tree.  Seems as though our new normal around these parts is no snow Decembers - so very different than what it was growing up.
I love the little tree farm that we've been going to the last few years.  It's very basic and simple.  Just some trees and some saws.  This year, we had the farm cat join us on our adventure.  {The cat walked around with us the entire time we were there - how cute is that?!} I'm not sure what the boys were more excited about, getting a tree or getting to walk around with the cat!  














I realized I haven't taken any photos of the tree up & decorated in the house - eeps, need to get on that!  I love this tradition that we have of going to cut down our tree together.  It's a bit of a challenge with the boys still being on the younger side, we get complaints about it being too cold, or someone's too tired after about 5 minutes of walking around.  I always want the perfect tree, but there's only so much whining I can handle, so after walking around and thinking no tree is good enough, I finally just give up and make Mike pick any tree so we can make a fast exit!  All part of the fun & games of parenting.

We're enjoying our advent season and all the activities that come along with it.  Maybe I'll find time to blog about our advent calendar and activities.  But don't hold your breath on that!  

1 comment:

  1. it's the most wonderful time of the year! :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...