Friday, June 8, 2012

A Hint of Lyme

I had so been looking forward to yesterday as being a "nothing" day.  Nowhere to go.  No appointments. No parties.  No meetings.  No get-togethers. Nothing coming up immediately that I need to be prepping for.  Just a day to stay home and catch up on things around the house.

And then this little guy....


Had a not so little rash.  We noticed it a few days ago {it was small & red at that point} and Mike thought it looked like it could be a tick bite, but since we had never seen a tick on him, I brushed it off as just being a bug bite.  On Wednesday it actually started looking better.  Then yesterday morning, it was worse.  So I took a picture of it and sent it to my mom {a nurse}, and she told me to look up "bullseye rash".  So I did.  And discovered that this usually only means one thing - Lyme Disease.


So I spent my afternoon at the doctor's office, the hospital getting blood work done, aimlessly wandering around Kmart waiting for prescriptions to be filled.  And comforting poor little Levi.


They don't know for sure yet if he has it, but they are assuming so because of that rash.  He also now has a fever which is another symptom of Lyme Disease.  Thankfully, he doesn't seem to be bothered by anything.  And thankfully we caught it early, my brother also had Lyme Disease, but went undiagnosed for months & months and really suffered.

After Levi's eye infection a couple of weeks ago and the insane busyness of the last month - I'm just ready for a break.  I want to feel bored!  {Do parents get "bored"? I don't think they have enough time to ever get bored...}  Ah well.  Thankful that it's all been little things.  Thankful that I have lots of family keeping me busy.  :)

Here's to {hopefully} having an uneventful weekend!

**Post Edit: Lincoln just got off the school bus complaining that he didn't feel well.  He has a fever.  Gaahhh.

5 comments:

  1. :( get well soon little bug-a-boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. geesh. praying for your kiddos ... and their parents! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! Love you Manda! If you need anything you know where to find me!

      Delete
  3. oh no! healings your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no! So sorry... will be praying for all of you!

    and no, I don't think parents ever get bored.

    :)
    Steph

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...